TEDct offers bursaries for health professionals to support education about thyroid eye disease. These are open to all health professionals and we especially welcome applications from nurses and allied health professions. The awards of up to £500 can be used to fund fees, travel and accommodation expenses to attend courses, conferences or other educational activities.
Eligibility criteria and conditions of use
- You must be a UK nurse or health professional working regularly with TED patients.
- You must not have received a bursary from TEDct in the past 12 months.
- Applications will be considered for support of education (course fees) or for travel/accommodation incurred by attending such courses or a combination of these factors. If you wish us to consider funding a different type of educational activity, please contact us at email@example.com before applying.
- The course should be related to your work with TED patients or be of benefit to your working practice with patients suffering from TED.
- The bursary must be used only as stated on your application form.
- The bursary is non-transferable except with the express permission of the TEDct Committee and Trustees.
- Successful applicants will be required to present a session at a TEDct PIM (Patient Information Meeting) or webinar and write an article for the TEDct Newsletter. Both must be understandable to non-medical professionals.
How to apply
- Complete the Bursary Application Form in full and return to TEDct by post or email.
- Once received, your Application Form will be acknowledged by email.
- If all bursary funds for the year have already been allocated you will be informed.
- A decision will be made within 4 to 6 weeks of your application and you will be informed of the result as soon as possible thereafter.
- TEDct’s decision is final.
- Unsuccessful applicants may apply for funding for a different course at any time.
- If required, successful applicants must provide documentation and/or receipts to prove course acceptance.