For all GDPR queries please contact:
TEDct c/o Miss Rebecca Ford, Consultant Ophthalmologist, Bristol Eye Hospital, Lower Maudlin Street, Bristol, BS1 2LX
The types of personal data you process
We may collect the following personal data
- Email address
- Phone number
Lawful basis for processing personal data
We process the personal data you provide us under legitimate interest.
How you process personal data
Your personal data is used to
- Send you newsletters
- Track donations from you
- Coordinate volunteers
- Coordinate events
How long we keep your data
We will keep you data for 2 years.
Data subject rights
You have the following rights under GDPR
- Right to be informed: organisations must tell individuals what data of theirs is being collected, how it’s being used, how long it will be kept and whether it will be shared with any third parties.
- Right of access: individuals have the right to request a copy of the information that an organisation holds on them.
- Right of rectification: individuals have the right to correct data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten: in certain circumstances, individuals can ask organisations to erase any personal data that is stored on them.
- Right of portability: individuals can request that an organisation transfers any data that it holds on them to another company.
- Right to restrict processing: individuals can request that an organisation limits the way it uses personal data.
- Right to object: individuals have the right to challenge certain types of processing, such as direct marketing.
- Rights related to automated decision making, including profiling: individuals can ask organisations to provide a copy of its automated processing activities if they believe the data is being processed unlawfully. You should also remind individuals that they are free to exercise their rights and explain how they can do this.