The TEDct Nurse/Health Professional Bursary
This bursary can be used to support education (e.g. to pay for course fees) and/or for travel and accommodation expenses incurred by attending such courses.
Eligibility criteria and conditions of use
- You must be a nurse or health professional working regularly with TED patients, within the United Kingdom either in Endocrinology or Ophthalmology.
- You must not have received a bursary from TEDct in the past 12 months.
- Applications will be considered only to support education (course fees) or for travel/accommodation incurred by attending such courses or a combination of these factors.
- The course should be related to your work with TED patients or be of benefit to your working practice with patients suffering from TED.
- The bursary must be used only as stated on your application form.
- The bursary is non-transferable except with the express permission of the TEDct Committee and Trustees.
- Further to discussion with successful applicants will be required to present a session at a TEDct PIM (Patient Information Meeting) and write an article for the TEDct Newsletter. Both must be understandable to non-medical professionals.
How to apply
- The Application Form for the bursary must be completed in full and returned to TEDct by post or email.
- Once received, your Application Form will be acknowledged by email.
- If all bursary funds for the year have already been allocated you will be informed.
- A decision will be made within 4 to 6 weeks of your application and you will be informed of the result as soon as possible thereafter.
- TEDct’s decision is final.
- Unsuccessful applicants may apply for funding for a different course at any time.
- If required, successful applicants must provide documentation and/or receipts to prove course acceptance.